Britax Marathon Vs. The First Years True Fit
“What is the difference between the Britax Marathon and the First Years True Fit convertible car seats?”
Are you finding yourself trying to decide between the Britax Marathon convertible car seat or the First Years True Fit convertible? Both car seats are highly rated and have positive reviews. Here a few things to help you along with your car seat decision:
- The True Fit has a bigger shell, so if you keep your toddler rear-facing past the age of one year (which is safer) then she will have more room in the True Fit to grow than in the Marathon.
- The True Fit will fit a newborn, but the Marathon will generally not fit new babies due to their height.
- The Marathon can be tethered while rear-facing, and the True Fit cannot. Many car seat technicians say that rear facing tethering decreases rebound in case of a crash.
- The True Fit does not sit up on a base like the Marathon does, which can make it take up more space in its width, which will be a concern if you want 3 children in car seats across the passenger row.
- Ultimately, both are high quality car seats recommended by car seat technicians, so it is a matter of finding what works best for your preferences, and your child’s comfort!